PETRODESIGN-UPG laboratory has been founded in the year 2003 further to the association between SC PETRODESIGN SA Bucureşti and Oil & GasUniversity - Ploieşti.
The main scope of activity intended for this laboratory is to render general analyses and quality inspections (water, air, soil), especially in terms of environmental protection, pollutants, as well as some general services based on the technical and scientifique support offered by SC PETRODESIGN SA’s specialists and the Oil & Gas University professors. It is expected an extension of the laboratory in the near future so that some basic research themes could be approached in the field of oil processing engineering, chemical engineering and environmental protection engineering.
PETRODESIGN-UPG laboratory is to be RENAR-certified.
Oil & Gas University :
-Dr. Eng. Liviu Filotti, email: email@example.com;
SC PETRODESIGN SA :
- X-ray fluorescence spectrometer Minipal 2 PHILIPS ANANALITICAL, manufacturing year – 2002, performing basic analysis of the elements Z=11 up to Z=105 – with some exceptions;
- Portable COV analysis device (volatile organic compounds) – MINIRAE 2000, manufacturing year – 2003;
- Gas chromatograph HP5890 series A, equipped with two FID detectors (flame ionization detectors);
- Other equipment under purchasing, calibrating and putting into operation;
ASSAYS AND ANALYSES PERFORMED BY THE LABORATORY THROUGH XRF ( X-RAY FLUORESCENCE SPECTROPHOTOMETRY)
- Determining sulphur content in liquid and solid petroleum products (gasoline, gas oils, crude oil, heavy oils, mineral oils, petroleum coke, distillates, etc.) as per SR ISO 8754 : 1996;
- Determining sulphur content in biofuels (biodiesel, based on fatty acids esters), as per SR ISO 8754 : 1996;
- Determining sulphur content in liquid and solid petroleum products residues (acid tars, slurries, etc.) as per SR ISO 8754 : 1996;
- Determining and distributing sulphur content from distillate cuts (per distillate percentage of a certain petroleum product), as per SR ISO 8754 : 1996;
- Determining Pb content in gasoline;
- Determining metal content (V, Cr, Ni, Si, Fe etc.) in petroleum products (crude oil, heavy oil petroleum coke, waste oils, residues, etc.);
- Determining composition and some elements (halogens, metals, non-metals, minerals etc.) in various materials and solid and liquid substances (metallic alloys, cements, glass, polymers, pigments, sediments, composites, ceramics, wood, pesticides etc.);
- Determining the content of metal, minerals etc. in waters and soil;
- Determining some oligo-elements (metals, minerals) in food;
- Basic analysis (in terms of quality and quantity) of solid homogeneous catalysts (either active or waste) and their contaminants (coke, sulphur, metals);
THROUGH PID ( PHOTO IONIZATION DETECTOR )
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) measuring, monitoring, by means of the portable PID monitor MiniRae 2000, based on Petrodesign inspection certificate no.228682/29.08.2002 at oil product terminals and gasoline stations, as per the Government decision HG 568/2001 and the Ministry of Waters and Environment Protection 77/31.1.2002;
- On the spot determining, monitoring, by means of the portable PID monitor MiniRae 2000, of some volatile organic compounds (VOC) such as halogenated derivates, aromatic hydrocarbons, solvents and oxygenated organic compounds etc as per Government Decision HG 699/8.07.2003;
- On the spot estimating, measuring, monitoring and calculating losses due to vaporization of oil and petrochemical products placed with tanks or some other storage systems, by means of the portable PID monitor MiniRae 2000;
THROUGH FID ( FLAME IONIZATION DETECTOR )
- Characterizing benzines and other petroleum products by means of gas chromatography analysis through FID (“flame ionization detector”) based upon DHA (detailed hydrocarbon analysis): octane number, distillation curves, vapour pressure, density, etc.;
- Gas chromatography analysis by FID (“flame ionization detector”) for some organic compounds VOC type, oxygenated compounds from benzines, alcohols, phenols, organic acids etc.
- Organizing theoretical and practical courses for end-users training upon analysis techniques and equipment
- Environmental balances, impact studies, risk assessments, case studies and solutions studies on certain units, based on laboratory analyses;
- Laboratory scale studies of some refinery, petrochemical and environmental protections processes.
- New Analytical Systems Ltd – the UniChrom Company www.unichrom.com